Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Just got back from a concert

Hullo, just got back from my first concert ever! I went to a The Hush Sound concert with two of my friends--Charlotte and Katrina--and it was quite fabulous. Someone kept touching my butt (by accident, I'm sure...) at the end, but it all went very well otherwise. The first few bands that played weren't that great, but The Hush Sound was amazing. I got a shirt and got Bob and Chris to sign it (Chris looks like that honors English teacher that is the husband of my old school librarian). God, I sound like such a groupie. I love The Hush Sound but in all honesty I'm not that obsessed with them (really, I swear!). Now, The Dresden Dolls and Franz Ferdinand on the other hand.... haha, just kidding (sort of).

The only bad thing was that before the concert Katrina and Charlotte were talking about some sleepover thing/party/whatever at Charlotte's house and Katrina asked if I was going--to which, of course, I replied "no" because I hadn't been invited. Apparently a friend of theirs in which whom I am not friends with (simply because I don't know her, though she doesn't seem to like me much anyway) sent the invites on Facebook. Charlotte then sort of invited me, but didn't give any details about it whatsoever. Then when I left her house, she said "see you at Jazz's house!" --which is the day after that thing she sort of invited me to--so, guess I'm not really invited then. I probably wasn't really going to go anyway for numerous reasons (like that I don't know a lot of people going very well and they don't seem to like me much to name one and also because even before I was vaguely uninvited I wasn't really invited anyway). So, I guess I shouldn't really feel bad, but it's kind of awkward...

On the subject of "awkward," I got my concert ticket signed "to Katy, GK" or something by the lead female singer of the band. I know Katy loves the band--she was the one who introduced me to it after all--but we're not on fabulous terms right now. She's very mad at me for failing to make a sincere effort to see her in quite a while. I am hoping to resolve that, though it won't be easy and I know she'll still feel bitter about it. I won't go into any of that though, it's all very complicated. The point here is that I have this dreadful feeling she'll be mad at me when I give her the ticket I got signed for her. Mad that she didn't go, that she didn't know about it, that I didn't invite her... who knows, but I know she'll be mad. And that makes me mad too, because she did not mention anything about The Dresden Dolls concert (I LOVE THEM as I have mentioned before) until like the night before and she didn't bring anything back from there for me either--so I really don't think her anger would be justified... but she will be angry, I'm sure. That's all right though, because I'm ready for it. I think.

On another completely irrelevant note: I've been getting cold a ton recently. I used to never get cold but now, just sitting, I'll get so cold I begin to shake and my teeth start to clatter. It's a little worrisome, but I don't know quite what's wrong with me. Sometimes it goes away after a little while if I do nothing and sometimes it stays until I take action (i.e. hot bath, sweatshirt, jump under the covers...). I've no idea what it is.

1 comment:

Sydney said...

nat introduced me to the hush sound!